Fig Pradhaman with Chef Jomon Kuriakose
This was published as Fig Fruit Pradhaman on NewIndianExpress by Chef Jomon. Read more
- Dry fig 1 kg (soak in water for 15 minutes)
- Dry fig 300 gm (minced) - to stir fry and add as garnish
- Cashew nuts 150 gm
- Ghee 100 gm
- Condensed milk 500 ml
- Cumin 30 gm
- Dry ginger (chukku) 15 gm
- Milk as needed
- Jaggery as needed
- Boil milk and add condensed milk, cumin and dry ginger
- To prepare payasam
- Crush and mash dry figs in a bowl and add sugar. Mix well until it forms a thick syrup.
- Now add crushed jaggery chunks and let it simmer.
- Pour coconut milk.
- Add the already prepared pradhaman to the vessel and let it boil.
- Add ghee and minced dry figs. Stir for 3 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Serve hot.