Pazha Pradhaman with Chef Jomon Kuriakose
This was published as Pazham Pradhaman on NewIndianExpress by Chef Jomon. Read more
- Ripe bananas 2 nos
- Crushed jaggery 1.5 cup
- Coconut milk 1.5 cup
- Cardamon powder 0.5 tsp
- Cashew nut 10 nos
- Coconut shavings 1 tbsp (optional)
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Water 1.5 cup
- Peel the bananas and cut them into small pieces.
- Cook the sliced bananas in a covered vessel by adding 1.5 cups of water on low flame for about 10 mins. Do not drain excess water.
- Mash the cooked bananas using a ladle. Add crushed jaggery. Stir continuously on a medium flame until it thickens.
- Then, add ghee and stir for around three minutes.
- Put in the coconut milk and mix well. Sir for two minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and remove from flame.
- In a pan, add ghee and roast cashews and coconut shavings until they turn brown. Garnish the prepared pazham pradhaman with them. Serve hot.